Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Old visitors out, new visitors in



For a number of reasons, I haven't been able to spend much time in the studio for the past two weeks, mainly because my house has been filled with a dozen or so in-laws day and night.  Peace has at last returned, and when I tried a little painting this morning, I was watched by these two boys hanging just outside the door, feeding on the dried corn and food block.  It was hard to move around much, because they were wary of my presence.  The last day or two this forked horn, spike and a young boy with just the beginning of an antler bud have been hanging around for hours at a time.  I did a couple of quick sketches, not that I will post them here; I'm not about to branch out into wildlife painting until I can get a basic landscape or portrait right.

1 comment:

mark larsen said...

Hello Mitch, I saw you mentioned on Randall David's blog and saw that you are starting over again to draw, me to, I like the deer on the right, I'm going to save the photo in case I want to use it to make a deer sketch. Thanks.
Mark