Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring Forward

La Contessa

The above is not necessarily of a contessa, but the old black and white photo reference had no information about who she was, probably from around 1900, and I need to call her something, so...

With this unexpected week of clear skies and bright sunshine, I am yearning to get outside and paint, but the one time I did load up my pack and set up for a quick plein air session, I found that it was simply too cold; my hands were shaking so much I might as well have been trying to paint while riding on a hay wagon.  So I resign myself to painting whatever I can see through the windows, from the comfort of central heating.

I try to paint or draw something every day, but I don't have a master plan, and sometimes I surprise myself with what pops into my head.  Yesterday, for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to sketch something out of thin air based on the old expression "Eating Crow."  I was aiming for a look of resentment, but I think it missed that mark and hit sinister instead.  



2 comments:

Burt jarvis said...

Your art looks great you should think about showing your work. Its a inspiration I need to fallow draw or paint every day.

Mitch said...

Thanks, Burt. I hope you can carve out the time to keep at it.