Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Plein Air Event


In honor of the local plein air event going on right now, I tried my hand at a couple of landscapes, the first in oils, the second in acrylic, and I see that I need to take the plunge and just buy some real oil paints and stop trying to work with these water-soluble oils that are too sticky and hard to clean up.  I see other oil painters who just leave their brushes in some solution or other and don't waste time cleaning and cleaning.  I've been worried about making my studio space (commandeered from a library/entertainment space) proper and undamaged.  Maybe I can figure out a way to keep the solvents from ruining everything.




2 comments:

Randall David Tipton said...

Just as skillful as most of the 'official' works. Go by the space and check them out, you`ll see.

Mitch said...

Thanks, Randall. I did make it to the opening and it was fascinating to see all the different takes on our local scenery. One thing that surprised me was how exquisite was your black and white painting; the photo on your blog doesn't do it justice. I looked over everything twice and then got out of there before the noise made my head explode.