Monday, September 17, 2018

Points of View


Phantom Bluff 12 x 16 oil on board

I'm trying some different perspectives to paint the bluff, getting out on the boat for a new angle, and I am hopeful there is some fertile ground to be plowed.  That said, it's been hard to get back into painting after a long time away.


The Bluff 16 x 20 oil

The brilliant light and rich colors of the coming autumn make for a different sort of look, with much stronger colors needed to catch the stunning effect at certain times of day.  I realize now that I wanted to edit this painting a little before posting, correcting some things, like the bizarre cloud formation, but I will get to it a little later.  My apologies for the rush, but my guilt over the long time between posts got the best of me.


This last was an effort to work with the light that is now changing to something more subdued, but the effort was abandoned before finishing.




No comments: