Thursday, July 30, 2020

There Goes July


It's finally hot, stifling hot, but not bad at all in the shade.  Fortunately we live in a state filled with trees, and shade is seldom far away.  This quick sketch was made in the shade along the Willamette, in Maddox Woods park, where I go to throw sticks for the dog and walk in the sand, enjoying the play of light on the water.  This trip, I came across a dead sturgeon on the shore, about six feet long; it was prehistoric looking, the lower jaw much like a shark, though there weren't any scary teeth showing.


I also hauled out an old photo I took in the park at Chateau Chantilly, north of Paris.  It's been far too long since I have been there, and the feeling was a bit forced.  Maybe it's time to return, once we Americans are allowed back into Europe.



And after all the work I have done on landscapes lately, it was a pleasure to switch to a portrait for a little work in the sketchbook today.




No comments: